Baker Sports Complex
The primary athletic facility on campus, Baker Sports Complex includes the Charles A. Cannon Pool, the John M. Belk Arena, the Knobloch Indoor Tennis Center, weight rooms, racquetball courts and the majority of athletic team and administrative offices.
The complex is home to Davidson’s men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, wrestling, men’s and women’s swimming and diving, and men’s and women’s tennis teams. Baker also includes several team locker rooms, a weight rooms, three racquetball courts, one squash court, a dance studio and a state-of-the-art athletic training room.
The complex opened in 1989 and is named for the Baker Family. Thompson S. Baker, Class of 1926, played football at Davidson during the most successful years in Davidson football history and also served as the student body president.
The landscaped plaza at the entrance of the complex is named in honor of Ben T. Craig, Class of 1954 and a former Board of Trustees member. In 1987, Craig received the first James P. Hendrix Award, presented to a former Davidson football player whose success after college can be attributed to the lessons learned on the football field.